Turkish Law Blog
Abdülkadir Güzeloğlu, a partner at Güzeloğlu Attorneys at law, is an internationally trained lawyer specialized in international arbitration proceedings involving commercial, investment, and sports disputes.
He holds an LL.M. degree in International Contracts and Arbitration from the University of Fribourg in Switzerland where he graduated with high distinction. He pursued academic studies in relation to commercial and investment arbitration as well as sports justice system in Turkey. Currently, he is a Ph.D. Candidate at the University of Neuchatel in Sports Law and Arbitration.
In 2016, he completed Kadir Has University Sports Law and Management program with success where he was awarded a full scholarship due to his achievement in the entrance examination, obtaining the highest score.
He advises his clients on their international transactions and drafts comprehensive commercial contracts. Moreover, by virtue of his expertise in international arbitration, he represents his clients in disputes primarily in connection with construction works, investment and cross-border trade taking place in different parts of the world.
He provides legal consultancy services both for Turkish and international clients, ranging from local businesses to multinational companies and diplomatic missions.
- Ph.D. Candidate in International Arbitration and Sports Law, Neuchatel University, Switzerland, 2017
- LL.M in International Contracts and Arbitration, Fribourg University, Switzerland, 2016 (Magna cum laude)
- LL.B at Bahçeşehir University, Turkey, 2013
- Legal English Program at Northeastern University, Boston, USA, 2009
- High School, Kabatas Erkek High School, Turkey, 2008
Publications and Articles
- “International Arbitration”, Turkey Chapter of Global Legal Insights 2nd Edition, 2016.
- Union of the Turkish Bar Associations
- Istanbul Bar Association
- Sports Law Institute
- The Young Arbitrators Forum of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Swiss Arbitration Association below 40
- Russian Arbitration Association 40
- Turkish and English