Turkish Law Blog
Emir Güney is the director of Sports Studies Research Centre at Kadir Has University in Istanbul since July 2010. Main research and education topics of the Centre are Sports Law, Sports Management, Sports Media and Sports Marketing.
Güney is a 2008 graduate of Global and International Affairs Undergraduate Dual Diploma Program at Boğaziçi University (Istanbul) and Binghamton University (New York). He has a Management and Organization (English) Masters Degree from Marmara University and also a Ph.D. candidate at the same institution at the Sports Management Doctoral Program.
Güney is a graduate of 2009/2010 Sports Law and Management Certification Program and 2009/2010 Sports Media Program (with full scholarship).
Since 2015, Güney is the Local Coordinator of the UEFA Football Law Programme.
Between 2015 and 2018, Güney was one of the Euroleague Basketball delegates representing Euroleague Basketball during the games in Istanbul.
Güney focuses his academic research on the governance of national and international sports institutions on a managerial and legal level.
Güney regularly plays football, tennis, and footgolf.
- Marmara University Sports Management Program PhD Candidate (expected 2020)
- Anadolu University Open Education Paralegal Studies (2019)
- Marmara University Management and Organisation (English) Masters Degree (2010)
- Boğaziçi University & SUNY Binghamton Global and International Affairs Undergraduate (2008)
- Kadıköy Anadolu High School (2003)
- Sports Law (since 2010) at Kadir Has University Undergraduate Law Degree
- National and International Sports Organisations (since 2015) at Kadir Has University School of Graduate Studies Private Law LL.M.
- Sports Law (since 2018) at Istanbul Bilgi University Department of Sports Management
- Bir Hibrit Spor Yönetişim Modeli: Euroleague Basketball (A Hybrid Sports Governance Model: Euroleague Basketball), 2019, İstanbul Spor Hukuku Dergisi, Volume 1 Issue 1, Oniki Levha Yayıncılık, Istanbul.
- Football in Turkey, with co-authors Dr. Cem Tınaz and Dr. Ahmet Talimciler, 2018, in Routledge Handbook of Football Business and Management, Routledge Publications, London.
- Supporter Ownership in Turkish Football, 2017, in Football and Supporter Activism in Europe: Whose Game Is It?, Palgrave Macmillan, London.