Turkish Law Blog
Fikret Tuna Akdemir, a partner of Akdemir Law Firm, was graduated from Yeditepe University, Law School and completed his Master with Merit degree in International Commercial and Maritime Law at Swansea University, UK. He worked as a lawyer in a top-tier maritime law office in Turkey. He also worked in the maritime field in London for a while, then established Akdemir Law Firm in Izmir, Turkey. He is currently an official candidate under SRA so as to become a qualified solicitor in England and Wales.
Akdemir is highly competent in both common law and civil law systems. He, as a lawyer, has been so often involved in many ship arrests throughout the Turkish territorial waters. He is also experienced in Hull & Machinery, P&I and FD&D claims and has an exceptional knowledge on ship sales and bunker supply agreement. His main practice areas are Shipping Law, International Trade Law, Real Estate, Concordatum and Bankruptcy Law.
He is a Turkish National who fluently speaks English and French and is able to speak Spanish.
Saint-Joseph French High School
Yeditepe University Law School, LL.B.
Swansea University Institute of Shipping and Trade Law, LL.M.
British Insurance Law Association
Royal Aeronautical Society
British-Turkish Lawyers Association
Izmir Bar Association
Union of Turkish Bar Assosications
- ‘The Res Cogitans’ – English and Turkish law aspects, 2016
- Is harmonisation in multimodal transportation feasible and desirable? In the light of multimodal provisions in international conventions, 2016
- C.I.F. contracts: sale of goods or sale of documents?, 2016
- Different types of F.O.B. contract, 2015
- Standard contracts in maritime law and the new provisions of the unfair contract terms under Turkish law, 2015
- The liability of the board members of incorporated companies in the light of Turkish Court of Appeal’s decisions, 2014