Turkish Law Blog
Kemal Altuğ Özgün is a legal and compliance professional with more than 16 years’ experience. He started his career as a practicing lawyer in Özgun law firm and then continued as in-house counsel in multinational organizations. He served as Legal Counsel and a Board member in Eastpharma (Deva Holding) then switched from pharma to medical devices in Beckman Coulter (a Danaher company) where he worked as Legal & Compliance Manager.
Altuğ continued his career as Head of Legal & Compliance at Sandoz (a Novartis division) where he focused primarily on legal department management, building, and fostering the ethical culture and compliance program. Later he decided to concentrate more on compliance and worked as an Ethics & Compliance Director in Astellas Pharma; a Japanese R&D pharmaceutical company where he recently joined Cetinkaya from. After a long and solid in-house experience, Altuğ accepted this new challenge to work in a dynamic and client focused environment and work in the legal sector to level the playing field for ethics and compliance. He believes the future of legal and compliance services depends on meeting the changing needs of clients, so his motto is “I’ve been there that is why I am here now”.
His practice focuses on third party risk management, company law, labour law, healthcare regulations, anti-corruption law, employment law, white-collar crime, litigation, data privacy law, compliance, and competition law matters. He is a graduate of Marmara University and holds an LL.M. from Marmara University European Union Law Institute. He is a member of the Istanbul Bar Association and a board member of the Ethics & Reputation Society, where he also lectures Turkey’s first and only "Ethics and Compliance Manager Certificate Program" for the seventh time, targeted to professionals from the Turkish business network.
- Why white-collars’s get dirty- White-collar crimes.
- Workplace mobbing and it’s definition under Turkish Law.
- Whistleblower Awards in FCPA and Turkish regulations.
- When things turn in the opposite direction: “Reverse Mobbing.”
- Analysis of new French anticorruption law “Loi Sapin II.”
- FCPA settlement of BNY Mellon “Hiring a family member or friend of a foreign official.”
- UK Bribery Act and Rolls Royce case settlement.
- Effective management of Conflict of Interests with compliance programmes.
- Legal analysis of Disgorgement under FCPA.
- Winning with Ethics and Compliance; using compliance as a competitive advantage.
- Using effective communication techniques in compliance.
- Building an ethical culture through leadership and tone from the top.
- Misconduct in workplace and its effect under Turkish Labor law & criminal law.
- Turkish Data Protection Law, EU Directive, GDPR and Data Privacy Compliance Programmes.
- Risk assessment and monitoring: tools for an effective compliance programme.
- Overview of anticorruption regulations: US,UK,EU, Brasil and Turkish comparison.
- Building up speakup culture through effective and efficient whistleblowing system.
- Export controls and economic sanctions compliance.
- Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption
- Economic Sanctions
- Compliance & Business Ethics
- Cybercrimes & Cybersecurity
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Internal Investigations
- Business Crime Litigation
- Media & Entertainment
- Life Sciences & Healthcare