Turkish Law Blog
Berkay Özdoğu renders legal advice to his corporate and individual clients both in Turkey and in the United Kingdom. He is specialised in areas of Mergers & Acquisitions, company law and corporate governance, commercial law, domestic and cross-border business start-ups, establishment and renewal permission of liaison office in Turkey, intellectual property law, real estate law and employment law.
Berkay is experienced on applications to Turkish Competition Authority to obtain the permission of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. As well as this, he applies for necessary residence permit and work permit visas on behalf of his clients.
For his corporate clients, Berkay provides legal and strategic advice on investments in Turkey and the United Kingdom, drafting articles of association and other required documents for incorporation including certified translations, opening national and international bank accounts. He also prepares shareholders agreements, partnership agreements and provides legal advice on internal management of companies such as meetings and voting procedures. Berkay represents his corporate clients before Turkish Commercial Courts as well as providing legal advice on brand, patent and copyright protection.
For his individual clients, he applies for a residence permit and work permit visas on behalf of his clients who would like to live or work in Turkey. Berkay also renders legal advice to his individual clients on various areas such as trust law and property law, and he represents his clients before relevant Turkish Courts. He drafts, reviews and advises on numerous types of agreements such as business agreements, shareholders agreements, non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, sale agreements, residential lease agreements, commercial lease agreements and employment contracts.
University of Kent – Law School (United Kingdom)
LL.M. in International Commercial Law (Partial Scholarship)
Thesis: “An Exploration of Turkish Foreign Investment Law in Relation to Bilateral Investment Treaties”
Cyprus International University – Law Faculty (Cyprus)
Faculty of Law Diploma (Full Scholarship)
- Application to the Turkish Competition Board to obtain an incorporation permit of a joint venture between international corporate clients;
- Application to the Turkish Competition Board to obtain an acquisition permit of a domestic company by an international corporate client;
- Drafting an annual field of activities report for an international corporate client’s liaison office based in Turkey;
- Advising the confidential Turkish branch of an international company on all corporate and regulatory matters.
- Representing Hidokan A.Ş. in relation to an insurance related lawsuit.
- Advising to a prominent international company in media sector on various antitrust and regulatory matters.
- Incorporation of several medium sized and big companies.
- Prepared various legal opinions in areas such as competition, agencies and employment law.
- Turkish (Native);
- English (Bilingual proficiency);
- Spanish (Beginner)
- Turkish British Chamber of Commerce and Industry (TBCCI)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- British Turkish Lawyers Association (BTLA)
- International Chamber of Commerce - Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF)
- Istanbul Bar Association