Turkish Law Blog
Tugrul Inci has joined Istanbul Fatih University Faculty of Law with scholarship for excellence by becoming 321st student in the area of EA – 2 (Literature & Math) in Graduate Placement Exam (LYS) of 2009 which was taken by more than 1.5 million students in Turkey and graduated in year of 2014 with a GPA 3.72 / 4.00. He has also become 79th student in area of TS-2 (Literature & Social Sciences) in LYS of 2010 and accordingly granted Turkish Presidency Scholarsihp.
Subsequent to graduation, he has pursued LL.M. Degree in Private Law in Istanbul Koc University with scholarship for excellence and graduated with a GPA 3.30 / 4.00 in year of 2018.
He has started his legal career in DLA Piper Global Law Firm’s Istanbul Branch in year of 2014 and until mid of 2016 he has continued to serve as legal counsel to reputable companies around the world and Turkey. He has moved to Doha, Qatar afterward and has been working since then as Contract Specialist in construction sector for leading contracting groups of Qatar.
1. Koc University, Master in Private Law, Istanbul – Turkey
September 2015 to October 2018
- Scholarship for Excellence
2. Fatih University, Bachelorette of Law, Istanbul – Turkey
September 2009 to June 2014
- Scholarship for Excellence
- Honour and High Honour Certificates
- In 2013, attended the verbal finals of European Human Rights Moot Court Competition at Strasbourg, France headed by the European Law Students Association (ELSA) with ranking in the top 16 (9th Best Written Submission) amongst 120 teams around Europe.
- Led two utmost clubs (e.g. In 2013, was the Secretary General of Model United Nations “FUMUN” organization which hosted more than 250 students from around the world and was member of BoD of Politics Club whom was awarded most active club of the college)
- Had a cinema column at college journal named “TANIK”.
- Contract Specialist | Muhibbah Engineering Middle East L.L.C., Doha – Qatar
December 2017 – Present
- Contract Specialist | Petroserv Limited W.L.L., Doha – Qatar
August 2017 – December 2017
- Contract Administrator | Redco International Trading & Contracting W.L.L., Doha – Qatar
June, 2016 – July, 2017
- Associate Attorney | DLA Piper Global Law Firm, Istanbul – Turkey
September, 2014 – May, 2016
MEMBERSHIP / ACCREDITATION
- Admitted to Istanbul, Turkey Bar Association with Registration No. 51369, 2015
- Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), London, UK with Registration No. 6032999, 2018
- Evaluation of Employer’s Right of Termination in Construction Contracts due to Default of the Contractor within the Ambit of Provisions of FIDIC Contracts and Contracts for Work as part of Civil Code (Istanbul: On Iki Levha Yayincilik, 2019)
- “Commentary on Scope of Labor Law of the State of Qatar and Review of Working Hours & Leaves”, published on December 11, 2018, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/commentary-scope-labor-law-state-qatar-review-working-tu%C4%9Frul/