Turkish Law Blog
Tugrul Inci is a lawyer admitted to Istanbul (Turkey) Bar Association with Reg. No. 51369, 2015, holding an LL.M. Degree in Private Law (Koc University – Istanbul, Turkey) and a Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London, UK) with Reg. No. 6032999.
He possesses extensive know-how in contract management (pre/post) including but not limited to FIDIC & construction-related contracts and conflict management with almost 6 years’ experience 2 of which has been in a global business law firm in Istanbul / Turkey and 4 of which has been in leading contracting groups in Doha / Qatar.
He authored the book titled “Evaluation of Employer’s Right of Termination in Construction Contracts due to Default of the Contractor within the Ambit of Provisions of FIDIC Contracts and Contracts for Work as part of Civil Code” published by On Iki Levha Yayincilik, Istanbul – Turkey on January 2019 and several articles in sector (particularly in construction).
He is a versatile, bilingual, and reliable professional with an intensive knowledge of legal, commercial, and operational risks which may arise during all stages of contracts in size from small private projects to full-scale multi-million dollar corporate projects.
1. Koc University, Master in Private Law, GPA: 3.33 / 4.00, Istanbul – Turkey
September 2015 to October 2018
- Scholarship for Excellence
2. Istanbul Fatih University, Bachelorette of Law, GPA: 3.72 / 4.00, Istanbul – Turkey
September 2009 to June 2014
- Scholarship for Excellence [by becoming 321st student in the area of EA – 2 (Literature & Math) in Graduate Placement Exam (LYS) of 2009 and becoming 79th student in area of TS-2 (Literature & Social Sciences) in LYS of 2010]
- Turkish Presidency Scholarship
- Honour and High Honour Certificates
- In 2013, he attended the verbal finals of European Human Rights Moot Court Competition at Strasbourg, France headed by the European Law Students Association (ELSA) with ranking in the top 16 (9th Best Written Submission) amongst 120 teams around Europe.
- He led two utmost clubs (e.g. In 2013, he was the Secretary General of Model United Nations “FUMUN” organization and was member of BoD of Politics Club whom was awarded most active club of the college)
- He had a cinema column at college journal.
- Legal Counsel / Contract Specialist | Muhibbah Engineering Middle East L.L.C., Doha – Qatar
December 2017 – July, 2020
- Contract Specialist | Petroserv Limited W.L.L., Doha – Qatar
August 2017 – December 2017
- Contract Administrator | Redco International Trading & Contracting W.L.L., Doha – Qatar
June, 2016 – July, 2017
- Associate Attorney | DLA Piper Global Law Firm, Istanbul – Turkey
September, 2014 – May, 2016
Membership / Accreditation
- Admitted to Istanbul, Turkey Bar Association with Registration No. 51369, 2015
- Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), London, UK with Registration No. 6032999, 2018
- Member of Society of Construction Law, 2017 – Present
- Evaluation of Employer’s Right of Termination in Construction Contracts due to Default of the Contractor within the Ambit of Provisions of FIDIC Contracts and Contracts for Work as part of Civil Code (Istanbul: On Iki Levha Yayincilik, 2019)
- “Liability of Trust in Group of Companies”, published on October 24, 2018, in https://turkishlawblog.com/read/article/43/liability-of-trust-in-group-of-companies-as-per-turkish-commercial-code-no-6102
- “Narrative on Claimability of Interest in Qatar”, published on September 9, 2019, in https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/narrative-claimability-interest-qatar-tugrul-inci-llb-llm-mciarb/
- “Commentary on Scope of Labor Law of the State of Qatar and Review of Working Hours & Leaves”, published on December 11, 2018, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/commentary-scope-labor-law-state-qatar-review-working-tu%C4%9Frul/