Turkish Law Blog
Turkish qualified lawyer, experienced Legal Consultant and Document Reviewer. Experienced in FIDIC and WTO. Skilled in Relativity. A legal professional with a Master of Laws (LLM) focused on International Business Law from Queen Mary University of London.
Queen Mary University of London, London, Uk
September 2016 - December 2017
- LLM International Business Law, modules include International Commercial Law and Contracts, International Construction Contracts and Dispute Resolution, Corporate Finance Law, M&A’s and WTO Law
- Provided voluntary research assistance on the Trade in Services Agreement within WTO negotiations.
Yeditepe University Faculty of Law, Istanbul, Turkey
September 2012 – May 2015
- Qualification Achieved - Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Near East University Faculty of Law, Nicosia, Cyprus
September 2011 – June 2012
BNGN Consultancy Limited
- BNGN Consultancy Ltd is a UK based boutique company providing legal consultancy services assisting both private and corporate clients with a variety of contentious matters in English and Turkish.
BNGN Consultancy provides services including legal translation, document review, drafting, and negotiating legal documents, contracts.
September 2018 to September 2018
- Reviewed and analysed documents using Relativity platform
- Determined each document as to their relevancies to the issues and coded the documents accordingly.
- Reviewed if the document was responsive to the issues in the case and determined if any type of legal privilege applied.
Ersan and Co Solicitors – London, United Kingdom
September 2017 to June 2018
Ersan and Co Solicitors is a law firm specialised in Immigration, Family Law, Conveyancing and Personal Injury claims.
- Reviewed immigration applications and documents including applications for the TR2, ECAA and family visas
- Assisted clients in completing all necessary paperwork for Naturalisation applications
- Dealt with conveyancing matters from instruction to completion including Land Registry applications after completion.
- Handled RTA, Employer’s Liability and Public Liability claims
Willmott Dixon Interiors – London, United Kingdom
November 2016 to December 2016
Work Experience Participant
Willmott Dixon Interiors is a subsidiary of Willmott Dixon Holding which is one of the most recognizable construction firms in the UK. It offers services varying from fit-out, interior and refurbishment including the sectors education, health, commercial, hotels, leisure and retail within the U.K. Tasks include:
- Supporting the commercial team in NEC workshop and various meetings held to discuss NEC form of contract therefore developed comprehensive understanding of NEC forms of contracts
- Analysing the NEC form of contract of a fit-out project in the U.K.
- Assisting the project team in the compliance with Health, Safety and Environment Regulations
Yapi Merkezi Holding Inc . – Istanbul, Turkey
August 2015 to September 2016
Paid Intern - Legal Department
Yapi Merkezi Holding Inc. is the leading construction firm in Turkey, it is a group of companies ranging in activities from real estate development to sub-sea tunnel projects, railway systems, prefabrication and restoration. It is a world brand and it has secured numerous contracts in countries such as Saudi Arabia, UAE and Algeria. My main tasks here were:
- Reviewing FIDIC Conditions of EPC Turnkey Contract for Jeddah metro project in Saudi Arabia and undertook a research on a Consortia Agreement subject to the same project.
- Drafted legal files and petitions relating to Turkish Commercial regulations, Labour Law and the Power of Attorney in both English and Turkish which was required for public tenders and drafted shareholders and board minutes
- Devised written warning notices for suppliers that were falling outside the conditions within the contract
- Member of a team that managed a construction project in Ethiopia, was responsible for analyzing the construction contract signed under FIDIC Conditions of Contract for EPC Turnkey Projects
- Worked alongside the HR department to settle disputes concerning salaries, gathered information and documents for the tax/creditors enforcement offices
Act Management Services, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
June 2014 to July 2014
Act Management is a specialised firm that provides wealthy private individuals and corporate clients with all manner of financial, fiscal and legal services. I was able to secure a short intern position in this prestigious company which gave me great insight into international legal practice.
- I worked within the head office who were responsible for keeping all relevant records (tax, legal and financial records) for international clients looking to invest in the Netherlands.
- Supported the legal and compliance teams to ensure that all documentation was precise and that ACT remained compliant at all times
- As the company practiced law in Dutch and in English, it gave me great exposure to the international corporate environment as well as an opportunity to improve my language skills
Ogunclu Law Office, Kusadası, Aydın, Turkey
June 2011 –
Intern; Contract Law
- As this is a family law firm, I’ve been able to work here throughout the holidays and breaks from studying.
- Within this law firm, I’ve been able to gain invaluable hands-on experience ranging from administrative tasks to reviewing and advising on litigation strategies.
- I have been one of the key translators for international documents and contracts, mainly within drafting lease and sale contracts in English.
- Gained an innate understanding of best practice, work ethic, communication skills and client relationships.
Turkish: (Native Language)
English: Full Professional Proficiency