As TLB Teknoloji Medya ve Danışmanlık Limited Şirketi registered in Merkez Mah. Akar Cad. I Tovvers Bomonti Blok No: 3/23 Şişli, İstanbul (“TLB”, “we” or “us”), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection regulations including the Turkish Personal Data Protection Law numbered 6698 (“KVKK”).
TLB is a platform providing a comprehensive source of legal updates, analysis, announcements, insights, and news on Turkish Law and the legal business market. We gather together leading experts from law firms and academia to report on the latest developments.
1. Personal Data We Process
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. We may process the following personal data about you:
- Identity information including your name, surname, title, ID number, date of birth, signature;
- Contact information including your email address, phone number, address, social networking site profile information;
- Location information including your country;
- Finance information including taxpayer identification number, bills, checks, payments;
- Operation security information including computer and mobile device information, internet service provider, operating system, browser type, Internet protocol (IP) address, access times, the website that referred you to us;
- Professional experience information including your profession, sector, your law firm, company or organization, function, position, title, department, work experience and career history, length of time in role(s), biography, your areas of expertise and legal practice, educational background, honours and awards, certificates, languages, memberships, interviews;
- Legal transaction information including litigation and delinquency records;
- Audio visual records including photographs and video;
- Activity information including attended events, read articles, claims, complaints, requests, history of communications;
- Article reading statistics and rates;
- In the event that you share it with us; your association and foundation membership information.
2. Purpose of Processing
Your personal data will be collected for only specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and will be processed lawfully and fairly. Also, we will ensure that your personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed, and we will keep your personal data accurate and up to date.
We may process your personal data to:
- Offer our Platform and provide you with our services;
- Publish articles written by lawyers, students, talents, academics or others, on our Platform;
- Publish expert interviews on our Platform;
- Measure readers’ engagement with newsletters, interviews and articles on the Platform and inform authors about such statistics;
- Enable law firms to introduce themselves and their legal team on the website;
- Publish the news about law firms on the Platform;
- Communicate with authors, suppliers and business partners;
- Carry out contract signing, performance and payment processes;
- Increase the number of authors on the Platform;
- Allow website users to register and get access to the content;
- Protect TLB’s legal interests against lawsuits or legal disputes;
- Send the articles to website members and also share them on social networking platforms to increase content reach;
- Organize events and webinars, making announcements, enable individuals to participate or speak in the events, allow law firms to contact with participants about the event or webinar;
- Conduct promotional and marketing activities;
- Carry out cookie activities, ensure the security and functionality of our website and carry out analytics activities;
- Detect and solve any problems, errors and bugs in our services and fix them;
- Update, customize and improve our Platform and user experience in line with your needs, suggestions, requests or reports;
- Examine and respond to any complaints or requests made by you;
- Inform you about our new products or services, changes in our existing products or services, and our campaigns and promotions;
- Carry out corporate management and reporting activities;
- Comply with applicable laws and legal obligations;
- Keep accounting records and conduct financial processes;
- Retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how you use our website;
- Send newsletters about any updates, events, news, special offers, surveys, and promotions regarding our products, services and platform.
TLB measures Users’ engagement with newsletters, interviews and articles on the Platform and provides statistical feedback to content creators. Content creators may use this data for analytics, market research, learning information about their services, measure the response their content is receiving and other purposes. Once personal data is transferred to content creators, they become a data controller of your personal data and you have the right to obtain information regarding their use of your personal data.
3. Transfer of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
Your personal data will be transferred solely for the purposes specified in Article 2 of this Policy and they will be transferred in accordance with Article 8 and 9 of the KVKK, upon the existence of a valid legal basis that requires the personal data to be transferred.
Your personal data may be shared with suppliers, business partners, organization of the author, the law office organizing the event, information technology service providers, authorized public institutions and organizations, the bank, legally authorized persons, and public.
For example, your personal data may be transferred to third parties including but not limited to the following processes:
- We may share identity information, contact information, professional experience information and audio-visual records of authors and content creators with public in our Platform to publish the posts, articles and expert interviews on the Platform as agreed with the authors and content creators.
- We may share name, surname, sector, title, organization and seniority of Platform users with the organization of the author to inform them about users’ engagement with their content on the Platform.
- We may share identity information, contact information, professional experience information and audio-visual records of lawyers with the public on the Platform to enable law firms to introduce themselves and their legal team.
- We may share identity information, contact information, professional experience information and audio-visual records of authors and content creators with public on social networking platforms to increase content reach.
- We may share identity information, contact information and professional experience information of event participants with the law office organizing the event to allow law firms to contact with participants about the event or webinar and send them the content presented in the event.
- We may share your identity information, contact information and finance information with authorized public institutions and organizations and legally authorized persons to protect TLB’s legal interests and comply with applicable laws and legal obligations.
- We may share identity information and professional experience information of event speakers with public to make announcements of the event.
- We may share identity information and contact information of Platform users with our suppliers and information technology service providers to carry out our emailing processes.
- We may share identity information of suppliers and business partners with the banks to carry out financial processes.
4. Collection Method of Your Personal Data
We and our third-party service providers may collect personal information from the following sources verbally or in writing, using automatic or non-automatic means:
- Direct Interactions, such as, when you visit our Platform, subscribe for newsletter, engage with us on social networking sites or correspond with us by email or telephone.
- Data from Third Parties, such as, information on third-party websites or other information you may have made publicly available, or information provided by third party sources.
- Analytic Technologies, such as, information automatically collected about your interaction with our website using various technologies such as cookies and web logs.
5. Legal Bases for Processing
We process your personal data by relying upon the following legal bases:
- Article 5/1 of the KVKK: Obtaining explicit consent of data subjects.
For example; when we process your personal data to conduct promotional and marketing activities.
- Article 5/2(c) of the KVKK: Processing is necessary for the establishment or performance of the contract.
For example; when we process your personal data to offer our Platform and provide you with our services.
For example; when we process your personal data to carry out contract signing, performance and payment processes.
For example; when we process personal data to allow you to register and get access to the website content.
For example; when we process your personal data to publish articles written by lawyers, students, talents, academics or others, on our Platform;
- Article 5/2(ç) of the KVKK: Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
For example; when we process your personal data to keep accounting records, conduct financial processes, carry out corporate management and reporting activities and comply with applicable laws and legal obligations.
- Article 5/2(e) of the KVKK: Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or protection of a right.
For example; when we process your personal data to protect TLB’s legal interests against lawsuits or legal disputes.
- Article 5/2(f) of the KVKK: Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of TLB, provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
For example; when we process your personal data to increase the number of authors on the Platform.
For example; when we process your personal data to detect and solve any problems, errors and bugs in our services and fix them.
For example; when we process your personal data to update, customize and improve our Platform and user experience in line with your needs, suggestions, requests or reports.
- Article 6/2(d) of the KVKK: Obtaining explicit consent of data subjects for the special categories of personal data.
For example; when we process your association and foundation membership information that you shared with us for enabling you to introduce your law firm and the legal team on the website.
6. Your Rights
Under Article 11 of the KVKK, you are entitled to:
- Learn whether your personal data is processed or not;
- Request information as to if your personal data have been processed;
- Learn the purpose of the processing of your personal data and whether these personal data are used in compliance with the purpose;
- Know the third parties to whom your personal data are transferred in-country or abroad;
- Request the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate data, if any;
- Request the erasure or destruction of your personal data under the conditions referred to in Article 7 of the KVKK;
- Request reporting of operations as the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate data or the erasure or destruction; to the third parties to whom your personal data have been transferred
- Object to the occurrence of a result against you; by analyzing the data processed solely through automated systems;
- Claim compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of your personal data. You may exercise any of the above rights, by contacting us via [email protected].
7. Retention of Your Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this Policy. When we no longer have a purpose to retain your personal data, we will erase, destroy or anonymize them immediately. We implement necessary physical, technical and administrative security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access and unauthorized disclosure of personal data. In addition, we limit access to personal data by our employees and third-party service providers to a ‘need-to-know’ basis.
8. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact us via [email protected].