Webinar: CJEU Decision Review - The Concepts of Free-Riding and Bad Faith in Reviving a Priorly Well-Known Trademark in light of the Nehera Decision
Date - Time
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
17:00 - 18:00 (Local Time in Türkiye)
In the eighth of Gün + Partners' Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) decision review webinars, the speakers will discuss the CJEU's "Nehera decision".
The webinar will be open to general participation and will discuss "Whether refiling of a prior well-known trademark by a third party is a tribute or free-riding?".
MODERATOR AND SPEAKERSModerator, Güldeniz Doğan Alkan, Partner
Speaker, Cansu Evren, Senior Associate
Speaker, Ayşenur Çıtak Bozdağ, Associate
- Summary of the dispute subject to the decision of the CJEU and the court decision
- Evaluation of the claims of the parties and the approach of the Court on bad faith, well-known status and free-riding concepts
- Evaluation of the decisions of Turkish Court of Cassation and CJEU on bad faith, well-known status and free-riding concepts
- Milestone decisions of Turkish Court of Cassation and CJEU related to these concepts
- Concept of just cause
- Evaluation on the “Nehera” decision